The Best Stuffing Recipe Ever
This homemade stuffing with sausage, sage, and Pepperidge Farm stuffing, will be the best stuffing recipe you have ever had.
- 1 lb bulk sage sausage browned and drained of fat
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 large white onion diced
- 4 large celery ribs thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 12 oz fresh cremini or white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 12 oz bag Pepperidge Farm country-style, cubed stuffing
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
Heat oven to 350-375F.
Cook the onion and celery in 2 Tbsp butter until softened. Remove from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan, cook the mushrooms in 2 Tbsp butter until browned.
Toss the cooked veggies and mushrooms with the parsley and seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Add the sausage and stuffing.
Add the stock and mix in eggs. Transfer mixture to a 13x9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, and cover with foil.
Bake 30 minutes at 350-375F. Remove foil, and bake another 30 minutes.