The Best Stuffing Recipe Ever
This homemade stuffing with sausage, sage, and Pepperidge Farm stuffing, will be the best stuffing recipe you have ever had.
- 1 lb bulk sage sausage browned and drained of fat
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 large white onion diced
- 4 large celery ribs thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 12 oz fresh cremini or white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Pepperidge Farm country-style, cubed stuffing
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
Heat oven to 350-375°F.
Cook the onion and celery in 2 Tbsp butter until softened. Remove from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan, cook the mushrooms in 2 Tbsp butter until browned.
Toss the cooked veggies and mushrooms with the parsley and seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Add the sausage and stuffing.
Add the stock and mix in eggs. Transfer mixture to a 13x9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, and cover with foil.
Bake 30 minutes at 350-375°F. Remove foil, and bake another 30 minutes.
This stuffing is amazing with my Applejack Giblet Gravy
Calorie calculation is only an estimation using an online application.
Calories: 445kcal (22%) | Carbohydrates: 36g (12%) | Protein: 17g (34%) | Fat: 25g (38%) | Saturated Fat: 10g (63%) | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 97mg (32%) | Sodium: 1186mg (52%) | Potassium: 218mg (6%) | Fiber: 4g (17%) | Sugar: 5g (6%)
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a comment below and let me know!