Four Cheese Shrimp Scampi Pizza
- 1 thin precooked pizza shell (I get mine at a local gourmet shop, The Pizza Gourmet www.woodgrilledpizzacrusts.com, but any thin crust will do)
- 1/2 c part-skim ricotta
- 2 T milk or cream
- 1/4 c freshly shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 c chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 2 T very finely diced onion
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 large cloves garlic chopped
- 1 T unsalted butter
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Additional Pizza Toppings
- 1/3 c julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 c shredded fontina cheese
- couple pinches fresh cracked pepper
Heat the pizza stone in the oven set to 425F. Once the oven is heated, continue to heat an additional 10-15 minutes to be sure the stone is properly heated.
In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the ricotta sauce.
For the shrimp, heat the butter in a large, nonstick skillet on high heat. Once the butter starts to bubble, add the shrimp and garlic. Spread the shrimp in a layer and cook briefly to just sear one side, then flip to sear the other (you want to just brown the sides and leave them raw in the middle - they'll finish cooking in the oven). Add the lemon juice and cook briefly to reduce the juice a bit. Remove from the heat.
Take the pizza stone out of the oven. Lay out the crust on the stone. Spread the ricotta sauce over the crust. Top with the shrimp and all the garlic-butter. Top with the sun-dried tomatoes and cheese. Finish the top with a little pepper. Put the stone with the pizza back in the oven and cook 10-15 minutes until crust is crispy and cheese is lightly browned and melty awesome. Yield: 4 servings.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a comment below and let me know!