Chili Cheeseburger Pizza
- 1 prepared pizza dough enough for 1 large pizza (such as my Sam Adams Beer Pizza Dough)
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 t chili powder
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 c pizza sauce
- 1 small bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1/2 small onion cut into thin slices
- 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 c fried onions such as French's
Heat oven to 425F with the pizza stone in the oven. Continue to heat 10-15 minutes past when the oven reaches temperature to ensure the pizza stone is thoroughly heated.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick pan, cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain any fat or juice. Add the chili powder and salt, and saute 1 minute to combine. Remove from the heat and set aside.
On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to desired size and thickness. Remove the pizza stone from the oven. Lay the pizza dough on the stone. Top with toppings in the following order: pizza sauce, bell pepper, onion, ground beef, cheddar, mozzarella, and fried onions. Put the pizza stone back in the oven to cook the pizza, ~15 minutes, until crust is golden and the whole thing is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a comment below and let me know!