Herbed Tomato Tart
This Herbed Tomato Tart is so special. This recipe is literally one of my most beloved, recipes for brunch and sharing by far, of all time. Lovely, DELICIOUS, can be made a day in advance, and just IMPRESSIVE. this recipe is perfect.
- 1 Perfect Pie Crust recipe
- 2-3 medium tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 T Grey Poupon Country Dijon mustard
- 3 large eggs
- 6 T milk
- 1 T Grey Poupon Country Harvest whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/8 t fresh cracked pepper
- 1-1/2 c Vermont white cheddar
- 3 heaping T fresh herbs minced (I used parsley, oregano, and thyme for the tart in these photos; I've also used basil and chives)
Roll out the pie dough large enough to fit a standard (9-9 1/2 inch) tart pan with a removable bottom; press firmly into bottom and up sides of pan, trimming along the top edge as needed. With the back of a small spoon, spread the country-style Dijon mustard evenly across the bottom of the tart shell. Layer tomato slices, overlapping, over the dijon-coated tart shell. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the tomato slices.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, whole-grain mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over the tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle the herbs evenly over the top. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes or until the top of the tart is puffed and lightly golden. Let the tart sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a comment below and let me know!