Lemony Orzo and Roasted Corn Salad
Corn, herbs, and dainty little pasta, tossed in a light and simple lemon vinaigrette. With spring happening, this very easy, VERY delicious, lovely Lemony Orzo and Roasted Corn Salad is just what we need.
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 cups yellow whole kernel corn
- 1/2 Tbs good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 2 bunches green onions chopped (white and light green parts only)
- kosher salt to taste at least 1/2 teaspoon
- garnish: queso fresco cheese chopped parsley, and fresh cracked pepper
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- good pinch kosher salt
- couple pinches fresh cracked pepper
Heat the oven broiler on high. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In the pot of water, cook the orzo according to package directions and drain.
While orzo is cooking, toss the corn in the olive oil and layer on a rimmed bake sheet. Broil until golden, stirring regularly. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
In a large bowl, toss the orzo, corn, parsley, and green onion. Toss in the vinaigrette. Taste for seasoning and add more salt as necessary. Garnish with cheese, parsley, and pepper. Serve. Yields: 4 servings.