Creamy Spinach and Leek Rotini (Gluten-Free)
If you have ever wondered what to do with leeks besides soup, this recipe is for you.
- 1-1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large leeks washed and sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 6 oz bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 8 oz box rotini pasta made from chickpeas (or other gluten-free pasta of choice), cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese divided
- garnish: fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and saute until lightly golden.
Add the garlic and spinach. Toss and turn the ingredients until the spinach is all wilted and garlic is fragrant.
Add the cream and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Add half the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss in the pasta. Serve topped with remaining cheese and garnished with parsley.