Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole
Creamy, cheesy hash brown potato casserole, kicked up with bacon and jalapeno.
- 2 20 oz packages fresh shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup jalapeno slices from a jar chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup jalapeno slices for topping
- 6-7 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 Tbs chopped chives for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, 2 cups cheese, butter, chopped jalapenos, salt, and pepper with the potatoes.
Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
Remove casserole from the oven. Top with the remaining cheese and jalapeno slices. Cover with foil, return to the oven, and cook for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Remove from the oven and top with bacon and chopped chives.