Super Quick Mexican Baked Penne
This ridiculously easy casserole uses pantry ingredients to make a delicious, weeknight dinner ready in a snap.
- 8 oz penne or other pasta of choice
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can mild Rotel tomatoes and green chilies undrained
- 1 T sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/4 c Italian flat-leaf parsley divided
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chili powder
- 2 green onions white and green parts, sliced
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Heat oven to 350F.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, brown the beef until no longer pink. Add the condensed soup, Rotel, pesto, and 2 T parsley. Stir until smooth and warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add a palmful of salt to the pasta water. Cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain and add to the meat sauce.
Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish. Top with the cheese. Dust the top of the casserole with chili powder. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes until heated through and bubbly. Serve topped with green onion and more parsley. Yields 6 servings.