Lemony Orzo and Roasted Corn Salad
Corn, herbs, and dainty little pasta, tossed in a light and simple lemon vinaigrette. With spring happening, this very easy, VERY delicious, lovely Lemony Orzo and Roasted Corn Salad is just what we need.
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 cups yellow whole kernel corn
- ½ Tbs good quality extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 2 bunches green onions chopped (white and light green parts only)
- kosher salt to taste at least 1/2 teaspoon
- garnish: queso fresco cheese chopped parsley, and fresh cracked pepper
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- good pinch kosher salt
- couple pinches fresh cracked pepper
Heat the oven broiler on high. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In the pot of water, cook the orzo according to package directions and drain.
While orzo is cooking, toss the corn in the olive oil and layer on a rimmed bake sheet. Broil until golden, stirring regularly. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
In a large bowl, toss the orzo, corn, parsley, and green onion. Toss in the vinaigrette. Taste for seasoning and add more salt as necessary. Garnish with cheese, parsley, and pepper. Serve.