This is a beautiful summer side when you’re looking for something different. Goes great especially with roasted chicken as shown.
Tomato Basil Dressing
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 c half and half or cream
- 2 eggs
- 5 c stale baguette or ciabatta bread cubes
- 3 c halved grape or cherry tomatoes (see *Note)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 c freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, divided
- 1/2 c thinly sliced fresh basil
- kosher salt and pepper
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly spray a 2-qt or 8×11 baking dish with cooking spray.
Whisk together broth, cream, and eggs. Add the bread and toss to coat. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and half the Parmesan. Spoon into baking dish. Top with remaining Parmesan Bake until bubbly and toasted on top, 30-35 min. Let stand 10 min before serving. Serves 8.
*Note: In the photo above, I used chopped stripey heirloom tomatoes from my garden (that’s why they’re not red). Also, the chicken pictured is from my Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic.
*Another Note: I adapted this recipe from one in Cuisine Magazine. I searched the website and could not find this recipe online to provide a link.