We all have memories of Mom making little pizzas using English muffins. Here’s a “Mexican” version I made once really to just use up stuff I had in my pantry. I was so surprised how good they were!
Mexican English Muffin Pizzas
- 6 Thomas’ English muffins I buy whole wheat
- 1 can Mild Rotel chopped tomatoes and green chilies drained (use Original Rotel if you want it spicy)
- 1 c pizza sauce I like Classico brand
- ½ t chili powder
- ¼ t cumin
- ¼ t garlic powder
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch freshly cracked pepper
- deli pepperoni
- sliced pepper-jack cheese
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Slice the English muffins and put on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven lightly (~10 minutes).
- Separately, combine the Rotel, pizza sauce, and seasonings. Top each toasted English muffin with the tomato mixture, then a pepperoni slice, then cheese (I cut the cheese to not be too large on each little pizza).
- Bake at 400F until heated through, muffins are toasty, and cheese is bubbly (~10 minutes). Yields 6 servings.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.