I just love this combination of steak with the mustard vinaigrette! I adapted this from a Cooking Light recipe.
Grilled Steak with Arugula and Parmesan Salad
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 t chopped fresh or 1 t dried thyme
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4-oz) flat-iron steaks
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 T chopped fresh chives
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- good pinch kosher salt
- 2 c loosely packed baby arugula
- 2 c chopped bibb, green, or red leaf lettuce
- shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Heat a grill to high. Rub olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper over steaks. Cook 4 min on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks to rest.
In a large bowl, whisk together chives, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and salt. Add the arugula and lettuce; toss to coat. Arrange some salad on each of 4 plates; top each salad with steak, sliced across the grain, and cheese.