I can’t believe I pick up such good recipes at my grocery store! This recipe is from Publix Apron’s.
Creamy Rice Primavera
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 t)
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 c each diced onion, tomatoes, and bell peppers
- 1 (8.8oz) pouch pre-cooked white rice (like Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice)
- 1/2 c light alfredo sauce (I like Classico)
- 2 T freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 heaping T fresh chopped basil
Saute the mushrooms in the butter until browned. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Stir in the veggies and cook a couple minutes until softened.
Stir in the alfredo sauce, rice, and cheese. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Add basil and serve. Serves 4 (240cal per).
Note: This recipe easily adapts for a Mexican or southwestern meal. Just omit the bell peppers and Parmesan and add 1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies, chili powder, and cayenne pepper to taste. This recipe also works with Uncle Ben’s Ready Brown rice.