Buffalo Shrimp Bites are tasty party nibbles, that are as good to eat as they are pretty to look at. Top with crusted nacho chops for extra crunch!
Planning for Superbowl food, my family requested “the usual”….Crack Bread, Queso, and L’il Smokies. Well, that’s no fun…I wanted to make up something, try something new! So I did anyway. I think I enjoy making apps and football food, finger foods especially, more than anything. These little bites are simply an adaptation of my Buffalo Chicken Dip, instead with shrimp and perfectly packaged for bite-sized noshing. And they prove that football food can be pretty too!
Buffalo Shrimp Bites
- 30 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1-2 t extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Old Bay seasoning
- 2 pkgs 15 shells each frozen fillo shells
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c ranch dressing
- 2 T Red Hot buffalo wing sauce
- 1 c shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 c crushed nacho cheese-flavored Doritos chips
- 1 celery rib very finely diced
- Heat oven broiler on high heat.
- On a rimmed bake sheet, toss the shrimp in the olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and Old Bay. Spread the shrimp in a single layer. Broil 1 minute, flip, and broil another minute. Toss the shrimp with the buffalo sauce.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Gently spoon or pipe ~1/2-1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into each fillo cup on a rimmed bake sheet. Top the cream cheese layer with a shrimp. Top each shrimp with some cheese (cheese will spill onto the bake sheet - that's unavoidable).
- Bake the filled fillo cups for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and cups are heated through and a little bubbly. Remove from the oven and immediately top each with a sprinkling of celery and crushed Doritos (these will also get all over the bake sheet too). Serve warm. Yield: 30 appetizers.
Calorie count is purely an estimate calculated using an online application to serve as a guide and not to be taken as accurate nutritional information. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.