Juicy mushrooms and sweet peas, served on easy ravioli in a buttery Marsala sauce. Ready in minutes, this Simple Ravioli Marsala with Mushrooms and Peas dinner is date-night perfect.
Hmmm. So where to start… what little catch phrase should I use… “And in the easy weeknight category, we have this little number…” or “If I served you this, would you be my Valentine?” Because I made this on a weeknight for my family – and we loved it, especially my husband. But the more I look at these photos, I’m just feeling a little romantic. Like, add a glass of wine (instead of the cup of milk I actually did have), some music, lighting, a sweet dessert …do you see it too?
I used a chicken and marsala ravioli for this recipe, but any ravioli would work particularly if you want to keep it vegetarian. This dinner is ready in literally just a couple minutes, and the leftovers even reheated well the next day. Life is complicated enough, so it’s always nice to have a good little recipe like this at our disposal don’t you think? For a busy weeknight or a date-night!
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 8 oz sliced white button mushrooms
- 1/2 c Marsala wine
- 1/2 c peas, thawed if frozen
- 1 T fresh oregano leaves
- 2 packages fresh ravioli from the grocer's refrigerator section (I used a chicken marsala ravioli, but a vegetarian option like mushroom ravioli would work just as well)
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick pan on high heat. Add the butter and mushrooms, and saute, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms are well browned. Add the wine and deglaze the pan using a wooden spoon to scrape up the browned bits. Reduce the wine just a bit to cook off the alcohol. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions. Add to the mushrooms and Marsala. Add the peas, oregano, and a pinch of salt. Serve immediately, drizzled with olive oil. Yields 4 servings.