With dill and tangy vinaigrette, this super easy and flavorful, make-ahead German Green Bean Salad with Dill is a perfect side dish for your holiday table.
This lovely, delicious, and super easy German Green Bean Salad with Dill will grace our German-themed holiday buffet tomorrow including brats, Braised Red Cabbage, and a Bavarian Banana Tart. My husband has requested a German Christmas, and this salad will give our German spread some green. And by using frozen vegetables, blanching the beans is not necessary, making this even easier to prepare.
- 1 lb frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/4 c finely diced onion
- 1 t whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 T fresh dill, chopped
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- good pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the green beans. Toss in the green beans and refrigerate overnight. Allow to come to room temperature before serving. Serves 6.