Mini Ranch Potato Cups are a super simple, really easy party food perfect for a kid’s party, sleepover, or family movie night munch.
I’m always amazed by what can result when you’re just trying to use stuff up. These little nuggets were inspired by the “Pizza Skins” app at Uno’s which I kindof had a hankering for tonight. Sorry Uno’s, these are your new rival.
- 1 large tube (8-ct) Pillsbury crescent dough
- 1-1/2 lb red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 c half and half
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1/2 packet Hidden Valley Ranch powder
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Put the potatoes in a pot and fill with cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Add the half and half, butter, Ranch, salt, and pepper, and mash with a potato masher. Taste for seasoning, especially salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Open the tube of crescent dough. Separate into 4 rectangles (2 crescents each). Cut each rectangle into 6 even squares. Take each dough square and line a mini muffin tin. Fill each dough cup with ~1-2 T mashed potatoes. Top with cheese and bacon. Bake until crescent dough is browned and cups are puffed and toasty. (~10 minutes). Yield: 24 appetizers.