I am very fortunate to have a really great grocery store. In Florida, we have Publix, and they have great sales, great staff, and great weekly recipes based on sale items. This easy side was one I picked up there and, even though it uses canned green beans, when I throw this together on a busy weeknight – it takes just minutes to make, but tastes like it simmered with a ham hock for hours!
Smoky Italian Green Beans
- 2 (14.5oz) cans Italian green beans (drain 1 can)
- 1 T crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 t Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1/8 t fresh ground pepper
- 4 drops Hickory liquid smoke
Combine all. Heat in a saucepan on the stove. 4-6 servings.