Another Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) recipe! Ugh. I’m sorry. But it is so good!!!
Shrimp Scampi with Linguine
- 1 T kosher salt plus 1 1/2 t
- 3/4 lb linguine
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 lb large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zest grated
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Cook the linguine in a large pot of heavily salted water to al dente according to the directions on the package.
Meanwhile, in large (12-inch) pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper, and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.