In my backyard, I have a lemon tree and a lime tree. I make my Favorite Lime Rice all the time, so I made this to change things up – love it!
Lemon Rice with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- 1 c brown rice – see my Perfect Brown Rice recipe
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- good pinch kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Veggie Magic seasoning (optional; I use this seasoning mix whenever I roast vegetables)
- zest of a lemon
- 1/2 T fresh lemon juice lemon
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
Put the diced zucchini on a bake sheet. Spray with olive oil (I use an oil mister; alternative, toss with 1 t olive oil), season with some kosher salt, pepper, and Veggie Magic, and roast at 425F for ~10-15min until tender. Then just toss with the lemon juice, zest, tomatoes, parsley, and more salt and pepper. Easy!