Lately, I’ve been on a kick where I make a pouch out of foil and throw it on the grill to cook vegetables. Works great with asparagus, broccoli, and these green beans!
Grilled Asian Green Beans
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
Combine the first five ingredients. Add the beans, onion, and mushrooms; toss to coat.
Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of foil; fold foil around vegetables and seal. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
Grill, covered, over medium heat ~10-15 minutes until beans are tender, turning packets over once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.