This is a pretty versatile side dish for me, especially during the summer when I’m cooking much more southwestern-style foods. Also, this just pairs well with anything off the grill especially steaks or chops. So tasty I love it!
Green Chile Brown Rice Casserole
- 1-½ c brown rice, uncooked
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 c reduced fat sour cream
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 small can chopped green chile
- 1-2 jalapenos, chopped (optional) – add if you want the heat. We do 🙂
- 1 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- chili powder
Cook the brown rice according to package directions or according to my Perfect Brown Rice recipe.
In a medium skillet, brown the mushrooms in the butter over medium-high heat until browned. Add the chopped jalapeno and saute an additional minute, tossing occasionally.
Preheat oven to 375. Combine the cooked rice with the remaining ingredients except the cheese. Spread in a 2-qt baking dish. Top with the cheese and dust with chili powder. Bake 30 min or until bubbly!