- 2 c crushed Tostitos (I do this real quick in the food processor)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 T water
- 1 envelope reduced sodium taco seasoning (or make your own Taco Seasoning!)
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 c shredded Mexican blend, pepper jack, or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c crushed Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- sour cream (optional)
Heat oven to 350. Combine corn chips, egg, and 2 T water, and press into 9-in pie plate. Bake 10 min.
In large bowl, combine taco seasoning, chilies, meat, ½ the tomato sauce, stuffing, 1/4 c water, and ½ c cheese. Add a little more water if necessary. Spread and press into prepared crust. Top with remaining tomato sauce and green bell pepper. Bake 30 min. Top with remaining cheese, and bake an additional 5 min or until cheese is melted and meat is done. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Note: This recipe can be changed up so many ways. I’ve also done it with ground turkey, added black beans, different cheeses, mild Rotel instead of green chilies, fresh breadcrumbs instead of stuffing – this is a great recipe to just use stuff up.