- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2 T chopped fresh dill
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 40 sheets (1 box) frozen Pepperidge Farm phyllo dough, defrosted overnight in the refrigerator
- cooking spray
- plain dry breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 400.
Heat a couple tablespoons olive oil in a saute pan and add the scallions. Cook 5 min until soft. Meanwhile, squeeze the water out of the spinach, and place it in a bowl. Add the scallions, dill, eggs, cheeses, salt, and pepper, and mix together.
Keep the phyllo dough sheets covered with a damp kitchen towel. Unfold 1 sheet of the phyllo dough. Spray with cooking spray. Repeat by laying a second sheet of phyllo dough over the first sheet, and spray it with oil too. Cut the sheet lengthwise into 3 long strips. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture at one end of a phylo strip. Roll it up into a triangle (like folding a flag). Place it on an oiled baking sheet. Repeat until all the pastry and filling have been used. Spray triangles with cooking spray, and sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top.
Bake 12 min until edges are lightly browned. Serve!