OK, so this recipe title doesn’t sound that appetizing. And seeing gelatin as the first ingredient probably doesn’t either. But TRUST ME this recipe comes together into a very impressive and delicious cracker spread reminiscent of shrimp cocktail.
- 1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin
- ¼ c water
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3 small pkgs cream cheese
- 1 c mayonnaise
- ¼ c onions, finely chopped
- ¼ c celery, finely chopped
- ¼ c green bell pepper, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg frozen shrimp, thawed
Dissolve gelatin in water. Place tomato soup and dissolved gelatin in a pan and heat until gelatin is dissolved and well mixed. Do not boil. Cut up cheese and add to soup mixture until dissolved. Cool slightly. Add remaining ingredients. Pour in jello mold and chill until set. Serve with crackers.