This makes a good sized salad, so it’s perfect for any potluck or BBQ. It also keeps really well for a salad – a day or two in the fridge and it’s just as good!
Jalapeno Cornbread Salad
- 1 prepared recipe of my Jalapeno Buttermilk Cornbread
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 c canned pinto or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 c frozen whole kernel yellow corn, thawed
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c chopped green bell pepper
- 1 c thinly sliced green onions (green and white parts)
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 c shredded sharp cheddar
Combine mayo, sour cream and dressing mix. Set aside.
Crumble half of corn bread into 13-9 dish. Layer half of the beans, mayo mixture, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, bacon, and cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and chill 2 hours.