This post is sponsored. #StoufferGoodness #CollectiveBias
Fresh arugula, yellow tomato, bacon, and Gouda cheese highlight this panini twist on the traditional BLT. Then this delicious sandwich is topped off with a Roasted Garlic Aioli with out-of-this-world flavor. Serve with Stouffer’s Macaroni and Cheese for a complete meal for the whole family.
I do love a good sandwich. Especially a warm, cheesy, toasty sandwich. With bacon. A couple days ago, my kids and I stopped in one of your favorite local restaurants with our heart set on a panini …only to learn that said restaurant stops serving sandwiches at 5pm. We got there at 5:01. 😒 sighhhh.
So we left there and got sushi. It happens.
But the craving stood its ground. And this sandwich was the result. Inspired by one on the menu at the restaurant, but made at home with a ton of love.
So what we have here is the old BLT made fancy. First, we roast garlic in the oven which is one of the easiest things to do on the whole planet, and roasted garlic is gold. We mix that with a couple other ingredients and mayonnaise to make the aioli. Then we cook some bacon, made the sandwich, and cook it up real quick in a panini press – if you do not have a press, just make this like a grilled cheese sandwich pressing with a spatula while it cooks.
You can also see I served this to my family with Stouffer’s® Mac & Cheese. Yesterday was a super busy day, lots of gardening, so yes I cut that corner and threw a family size tub of Stouffer’s in the oven. Of all the store-bought mac & cheeses, doesn’t Stouffer’s taste like it is actually homemade? Like it actually had a little love put into it? I think so. It uses real cheddar after all, no preservatives and my kids love it.
I will let you in on a little secret trick I have too – I thaw the mac & cheese in the microwave for 10 minutes, then finish it in the oven until bubbly. This cuts down on the cooking time, and you still get that oven-baked, homemade vibe.👌
So that’s it folks! This easy dinner was ready with not much effort, and we all gathered around all that goodness for a yummy Sunday meal. Creamy mac & cheese and the most epic delicious BLT ever.
- 1 head garlic
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 6 ciabatta rolls
- 12 (1/2-in) slices yellow tomato
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked crisp
- lots of arugula leaves
- 6 slices Gouda cheese
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400F. Cut the top ~1/2-inch off the garlic bulb. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and wrap in a double layer of foil. Bake for an hour. Allow to cool enough to handle.
- To make the Roasted Garlic Aioli, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out into a bowl. Add the mayo, lemon zest, pinch kosher salt, and honey. Mix well.
- To make the panini, spread the Roasted Garlic Aioli on both sides of a ciabatta roll. Layer bacon, arugula, tomato, cheese. Spray outer roll with cooking spray and cook sandwich in a panini pan or press. Serve immediately with STOUFFER’S® Mac & Cheese. Yields: 6 servings.
Leave me a comment! Otherwise I am just talking to myself here. What do you like to serve with your Mac & Cheese?