And here I go. Starting tomorrow. New Year’s resolutions. No, I didn’t start this past week because who starts anything on a Wednesday? But tomorrow’s Monday and I’m out of excuses. And I will have one of these for breakfast.
- 1 c broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/4 c finely diced onion
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c shredded zucchini
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites (in addition to the 3 whole eggs above)
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- pinch Old Bay
- 6 t freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- cooking spray (preferably olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray, add the broccoli, onion, garlic, and red bell pepper. Season with a pinch salt (to encourage the veggies to soften) and cook on medium-high heat until veggies are just a little softened (~5 minutes). Remove from the heat and toss in the zucchini.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning and beat well with a fork.
- Spray 6 muffin tins with cooking spray. Divide the veggie mixture evenly between the muffin tins. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies (using a measuring cup to pour helps). Top each frittata with 1 t parmesan.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until frittatas are puffed, golden, and set. Serve as is or I serve in a toasted whole wheat English muffin with 1/2 t Dijon mustard. Yields 6 servings.