Oh man…this is good. I mean reallllly good. I had planned on this meal lasting a couple nights, but there’s none left. This was quick and easy to boot, with few ingredients. My husband in particular, who is never happy when I “mess” with steak, was in heaven.
- 2 lb skirt steak
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning
- 8 oz sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 3 T Kerrygold Garlic and Herb butter
- 1/2 c white wine
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Season the steak on both sides well with salt, pepper, and garlic and herb seasoning. Grill on high heat ~3 minutes per side for medium/medium-rare or to desired doneness. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- While grill is heating and steaks are cooking, heat the garlic butter in a large skillet on high. Add the mushrooms and cook, tossing regularly, until mushrooms are browned. Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping the browned bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon, and boil until liquid is reduced by half. Season to taste. Serve over the steaks. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Deglazing with the wine…