Creamy, cheesy hash brown potato casserole, kicked up with bacon and jalapeno. This crowd-pleasing, pot-luck perfect Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole recipe is made for sharing.
I completely went for the cheap thrill with this one. …Actually, I made this for a Thanksgiving pot-luck at work. I have no problem serving 50+ people something I just completely made up the night before. I also have no words for how good this is! Hope my coworkers don’t mind the corner section missing.
Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole
Creamy, cheesy hash brown potato casserole, kicked up with bacon and jalapeno.
- 2 20 oz packages Simply Potatoes shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 8 oz carton sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 4 c shredded sharp cheddar divided (I used a 3-cheddar mix)
- ½ c unsalted butter softened
- ½ c jalapeno slices from a jar chopped
- 1 t kosher salt
- ½ t fresh cracked pepper
- ½ c jalapeno slices for topping
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- chopped chives for garnish
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, 2 c cheese, butter, chopped jalapenos, salt, and pepper with the potatoes and put in 13x9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Put in the oven and lay a large piece of foil over. Bake 1-½ hours.
Remove from the oven. Top with the remaining cheese and jalapeno slices. Return to the oven, cover with the sheet of foil again, and cook for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Remove from the oven and top with bacon and chopped chives. Serves a bunch.