Seems like dips like this are everywhere now! And no wonder – it’s friggin good. But what makes my recipe special is that it’s also less damaging. All the ingredients have a really good shelf-life or are freezable, so I keep them on hand to whip out when I have an unanticipated need to serve someone dip. 🙂 Football food at it’s finest!
- 2 (8oz) pkgs Neufchatel cheese (or cream cheese)
- 1 c yogurt-based ranch dressing (such as Bolthouse Farms)
- 1/2 c Red Hot buffalo sauce
- 3 c cooked chicken, diced (I use the meat from a rotisserie chicken - both legs, thighs, and 1 breast)
- 1 c shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- corn chips (I like Tostitos blue corn chips, cantina chips, or scoops)
- celery sticks
- Combine cream cheese and ranch dressing; put in a 11x8 baking dish. Separately, in a bowl, toss the Red Hot and chicken. Layer the chicken over the ranch and cheese layer. Top with cheese and microwave 5 minutes until heated through and just a little bubbly. Serve with chips and celery sticks.
On this occasion, I didn’t use all this chicken – I saved one breast for lunch the next day…