Mmmmmm. Warm Crab Dip. Is there anything better? I was once at someone’s house and they refused to share their crap dip recipe with me, so I surreptitiously procured it from their recipe file. That is how seriously I take crab dip. Ten years later, this is my own recipe, and it is sized for a party. But this recipe can easily be cut in half for fewer people – like I did for the photo.
- 1 lb fresh lump crab meat
- 2 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese
- 4 T mayonnaise
- 2 t dijon mustard (I prefer Grey Poupon Country Dijon)
- 1 t horseradish
- 1 T old bay
- 2 c sharp shredded cheddar, divided
- 8 oz sour cream
- Combine all ingredients, but with only 1 cup of the cheddar; top with the second cup of cheddar. Nuke 6 min or bake at 325 for 45 min. Serve with Tostitos scoops or crackers.