This recipe is purely the result of the fact that I just felt like eating a big sloppy, juicy burger.
Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Burger
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 t kosher salt
- ¼ t fresh cracked pepper
- couple sprinkles Worcestershire
- 1 t Montreal Steak seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- ~1 T unsalted butter
- 1 tomato, sliced
- green leaf lettuce
- Jalapeno Pimento Cheese (recipe follows)
- Heat grill on high heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the beef, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and Montreal seasoning. Form into 4 patties. Lightly butter the burger buns as well.
- Grill the burgers ~3 minutes per side (for medium) or to desired doneness. Also, throw on the buttered buns to toast (watch the buns especially - they will toast very quickly). Remove from the grill. Serve burgers on the buns with lettuce, tomato, and Jalapeno Pimento Cheese. Serves 4.
- Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- 1 c (4 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ c mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s Canola mayo)
- 2 oz diced pimentos
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- pinch kosher salt
- Combine the cheddar and mayonnaise in a mini-processor or food processor. Add the pimentos, jalapenos, and salt, and combine. Chill until ready to use.
Erica's Recipes http://ericasrecipes.com/