For years I kept trying to make fajitas using tequila in the marinade and was never happy with them. Then I switched to beer – PERFECT!
- 3/4 c (6 oz) Corona beer
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- zest of 1 lime
- 2-3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 T chili powder
- 1/2 t fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 t chipotle chili powder
- 2 t kosher salt
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- steak (I use a ~1 1/4 lb flank or top sirloin steak)
fixings – whatever you fancy:
- sliced onion, red bell pepper, and poblano peppers – all lightly brushed with olive oil and grilled with the steak
- Roasted Tomato Salsa
- sour cream
Mix all the marinade ingredients and marinate steak overnight in the fridge.
Preheat grill on high. Grill steak covered on high, ~5 min per side. Serve with whatever fixings you like! Serves 4.