This no fail recipe is perfect for Easter or any special occasion, and there are plenty of times during the year that I make it. Super easy and always delicious.
Easter Glazed Ham
- 1 ham (I prefer a bone-in ham - they're more moist and flavorful)
- whole cloves
- 1/2 c Sprite or 7-Up soda
- 1/4 c whole grain mustard (I use Grey Poupon Harvest Course Ground Mustard)
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- 2 T cider vinegar
- Heat oven to 325F.
- Place the ham, cut side down, in a 13x9 baking dish. Stud ham all over with whole cloves. If ham is not presliced, use a sharp knife to cut diagonal crisscross lines over the whole ham.
- Pour the soda over to coat the entire surface. Cook at 325F for 20 minutes per pound ham.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, brown sugar, and vinegar. Before the last 20 minutes of cooking, pour the mustard-sugar glaze over the ham. Cook the last 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Slice and serve.
Erica's Recipes http://ericasrecipes.com/